Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Another week in review...

We've been busy! Last week was filled with orientations and odd feelings in the gut while watching our friends start Kindergarten....like I had some serious questioning inside my head...am I doing the right thing, is she gonna miss out, will any of us have regrets, what if I fail myself or most importantly, what if I fail my kids. But then....we had swim lessons on a Wed morning...and I was reminded of the beauty of flexibility. And we visited a homeschool fine arts co op...they had an orientation and it was great...kids are able to take art, music and other enrichment classes every Friday. I was into the idea more for my own support system with other moms...but there are a lot of rules...like you are only allowed 2 unexecused absences....isn't flexibility one of the reasons many homeschool? I know it's one of my top reasons...We enjoy taking off on a Thursday afternoon or Friday morning to go visit family or take field trips....we would not be able to do those things. A support system is not supposed to make u feel stressed or obligated. So....Maguill is going to take piano lessons instead with a local woman, for 30 min a week and she only charges $10 every visit! And luckily, we both have so many friends who have not forgotten about us since public school has started. Apparently, people like us! 



Foo started preschool last week...2 yr old class with 4 other little girls...she LOVES it but always tells me when I pick her up "I missed u momma"! She's been doing really good with potty training...although we still have some work to do with morning and naptime poops. 

Whippersnapper had her orientation last week for Mon, Wed, Fri preschool...she was beyond words excited to see her BFF...we were not able to get together with her all summer...so the two of them lit up and hugged and started right where they left off back in May when school ended...playing dinosaurs under the table. Her BFF is a cancer survivor...crazy to think that a teeny 4 yr old has already been thru something to beyond my comprehension...she has a tiny scar on her chest and beautiful spirit and smile to go along with it! 


Wednesday morning swim class...I'm in the pool with Foo and Maguill takes her class at the same time...meanwhile Whipper colors at the window and watches us...when we are done, Whipper goes in for her class...so we did some school for 30 min until Whipper was done....Foo colored...

My friend brought over this crazy caterpillar last week....

We had no idea what it was...so Maguill and I spent a whole school day researching it....once we determined it was a Bagworm...I told her to come up with some questions she wanted answers too...she wanted to know if it was a boy or girl, does it bite, what does it eat/drink, how does it make it's cocoon, what are some different cocoons, what will it turn into...so I helped her research all these questions and we printed out pictures and we put it all into a book...Maguills first research project!


How could I forget...we all got our teeth cleaned one afternoon...Lynn is the most patient hygentist ever....


AND....Maguill is joining the 4H club...specifically the Little Rascals...which means we are getting a rabbit....











2 comments:

  1. Foo, " I missed you mama"-- PRICELESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week!!! Love it, and love you guys and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete