Thursday, August 7, 2014

Aargh! Potty training and homeschool!

I love this kid but she is not making potty training easy....she prefers to just hold it for hours and give me massive anxiety. I think I'd rather her have accidents. Seriously, she held it for over 4 hours today....

 
Science class today was spent on the front porch for 45 min waiting for this preying mantis to eat the daddy long legger...it was pretty cool when it did happen...Maguill was intrigued with the long leggers detached legs that were still moving on the ground...



We then headed off to the 4H county fair...4H stands for Head, Heart, Hands, Health...you can become a member at the age of 5. Maguill and her BFF are all about it! You can join different types of clubs...one having to do with farm animals...for example, if Maguill wanted to...she could raise a calf and "lease" space on a farm. Or she could work with pigs, chickens, rabbits, goats, sheep, alpacas (my personal fave), horses or dogs. Or she could get involved with gardening, sewing, arts and crafts, or even archery, when she gets older. She's excited...and I think it's so up her alley...so much more than something like Girl Scouts. The kids who had animals involved in competitions were so nice and confident and caring...all good signs.


I never mentioned that while I was visiting my parents the other week, I joined my mom and her friends at the soup kitchen...it was a deep experience. I never shared with anyone that I got choked up immediately as the people we were abt to serve started walking in....I instantly felt gratefull and sad...especially when I saw children and veterans. But I left feeling good...so I made some calls today and found some food pantries...gonna try to help out. Only problem is that they all tend to be during the week...kids.

Forgiveness....slow and steady...but my new motto is 















1 comment:

  1. Good motto! I did the soup kitchen 5-6 years ago when I stayed with the girls that week. It was an experience for sure! Surprised you never did it before. Whippersnapper's eyes are sparkling in the pic of her petting the chicken- soooooo
    Pretty.

    ReplyDelete