Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....

....It Didn't!!!  Foo Young pooped on the potty!  So, we went out for ice cream even though only Maguill ate her dinner....


But, yes - it was a tough day...the eb and flow of being a mom, I guess.  But the coolest thing we did today...most of our school day was spent writing and illustrating books to 2 of my sisters, Abby & Kerri.  Whipper was in charge of a book to Aunt Kerri - titled "What I Love" - it was so cute...everyone needs to pray that this package makes it to Argentina.  I sent it off today...it needs to get there because of this book....same goes for the book Maguill wrote and illustrated to Aunt Abby - titled "The Adventures of Aunt Abby" - hilarious on so many levels...but the coolest was when she said "I want to draw the Golden Gate Bridge" - YESSSSS!!!  I'm educating!!!!  It's working!!!!  And then I suggested she draw some cars on the bridge and she said "I'm just gonna make them look like dots" - perfection.  I hate to spoil the surprise for the Aunties...but I have to share some of these pictures....and yes, that's a picture of Mitch the dog on the one page!



Girls got haircuts today - figured most kids get "back to school" cuts, so why not go with the flow! Since we spent the majority of our day making the books - we did about an hour of school from the curriculum after "rest time".  I had energy and motivation - i was moving about vs. just sitting in the chair beside them and I felt like it held Maguill and Whipper's attention - they were like "what the hell is she doing...is she on crack?"  I held up about 12 of the sight word flash cards - Maguill got almost all of them - actually saying "easy" after several.  So, then I busted out one of the BOB Books called "Dot and Mitt" - she read the whole thing with just a couple stumbles...it was awesome.  That alone made school great today. 

Now on to my own personal growth...how does one forgive??  When you feel you have been betrayed someone you love so much...someone you had such high expectations for...someone you felt always had your back, no matter what.  I've dropped the expectations part...so I can no longer be hurt...but I'm still struggling to just forgive, move on and forget....everything else in my life is really in line on so many levels.  But, just this one little cloud....forgiveness.....say a prayer for me after you read this...Thank you! xoxox

This guy sure loves his ice cream....and I love him....


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get my book! I'm just going with the attitude of it will come, it will come, it will come. Some day. And forgiveness...when you find an expert on this let me know. So hard. I always found that even when everything in my head wanted to forgive and I knew I needed to, my heart still felt upset and angry. It's so hard to get rid of that feeling. I think the most helpful part is recognizing how crappy it feels and just knowing that you need to let it go. Being angry, sad, hurt doesn't feel good at all but its us who choose to hold on to those feelings. Praying for you, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for my book!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete