Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fun in the Sun...

Felt good during school today again! I feel like with each passing day, we find a little bit more of a flow and I get a little more comfortable "teaching". Whipper really didn't want to participate today...instead she just colored all morning...if I could teach her with just coloring books...life would be grand! Here is Maguillicutty making a bar graph in her math book...I did notice Whipper looking on with some envy while Maguill worked on this....as you can also see from the pic, Maguill is doing really well with her number 5's...As she moves her pencil, I say "swim back, dive down a little and then swim around" I got the concept from Handwriting Without Tears curriculum....


And then.....the surprise of the day....Great Aunt Karen arrived!!! She is visiting for a couple of days and the girls just love her so much. It was nice that we didn't have anything planned and just enjoyed hanging around the outside of our house. At one point today, it was pretty gross...I didn't even get a picture...it just needed to be cleaned up before hubs got home! Girls were running hose again and started digging in dirt and making "chocolate" (say in espanol)....you can imagine! But we did get out our giant bubble blower for the first time...it was pretty cool....


And Great Aunt Karen fixed our hose spigot....


And then....it was the first night at the Plainfield Farmers Fair....it's just down the road from our house and we have been watching them set up for about a week...girls have been pumped! A goat almost swallowed my finger whole...I screamed out loud so loud and obnoxiously that a complete stranger beside me couldn't stop laughing at my yell for help. 


This is the goat....


Because it was the first night we got to see some pigs still arriving...getting off their trailers and being pushed/guided into their cages...girls got a kick out of their squealing.


And lastly....we gained a couple of family members tonight...Goldie & Ice Cream....



















3 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a delightful day spent with my beautiful niece Meg and precious great nieces Magillisnapper, Whippercutty, and of course Foo Young who thinks her great aunt is named after her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a delightful day spent with my beautiful niece Meg and great nieces Magillisnapper , Whippercutty , and of course Foo Young who thinks her great aunt is named after her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a delightful day was spent with my beautiful niece Meg and great nieces Magillisnapper , Whippercutty , and of course Foo Young who apparently thinks her great aunt is named after her.

    ReplyDelete