Thursday, July 17, 2014

I can do this....maybe, possibly, probably....

Yes...I'm starting to believe in myself a bit more and feel like yeah...i can do this...I can educate my kids.
We went with the flow today - total change to schedule.  Hubs was home for about 12 hours...came home while we were all sleeping and had to leave again at 11:30am.  The girls were so excited to see him - my heart told me to let school go for the morning...my mind was saying "NOOOO...it's only the second week...you can't veer off the schedule yet...it's too soon!!!  But...I went with my heart and I decided to push it off till the afternoon.  And I'm soooo glad I did!
Today was an absolutely killer beautiful day - sunshine and no humidity...our kind of weather.  Wish it could be like that all summer.  We were outside all day...

picnic lunch....

fairy house...

Foo Young...right before she went in for nap time...


Whippersnapper negotiated with me and I let her skip "rest time" and do school with Maguillacutty.  I brought everything outside, with the exception of Math & Handwriting, because you really need a table for that stuff.  It was fantastic...we had no interruptions, no screaming, no fighting, I was so calm and patient and just loving the breeze and the beautiful clouds. We continued our Egypt study and I found an Egyptian headpiece online and had the girls color it while I read our lesson - we then cut them out and put them together.  They loved it...



Had a great science lesson on the weather - including the clouds...it was awesome to be able to look at the pictures in our book and then find which type of clouds we had today.  Girls did great in Language Arts - I read 5 different lines from Goldilocks, which were out of order...girls had to put them in the right order.  It took them some time...but they got it...all while they built up their fairy house some more. Funny thing for the day - overheard Whippersnapper say "Oh, cute little bugga bugga" and then pick up something off the blanket - I glanced over only to see her holding a TICK! So, then we had a lesson in burning ticks...that was cool.  And then after a quick shower for myself - we were off again...dinner outside with friends and then some VBS action...as I was headed home with Foo, wanted to do some house cleaning before we had to pick the other two up...I got a text from my pal to come over for some sangria...hmmm...let me think about that - sure, OK! Foo had a blast on the trampoline while I got to socialize without the pressure of keeping 2 eyes on 3 kids, for once...1 kid is so easy when you normally have 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment