Wednesday, July 16, 2014

That's Not Chapstick....It's a Gluestick!!!!

Hump day for our 2nd week...it was mas o menos (for you my sister, Kerri). I'm currently listening to "Oceans" by Hillsong United and I'm on the verge of tears...ever feel so far yet so close to those who mean the most to you.  My sweet sister Kerri - is still in her 1st week in Argentina...where she will be for 6 months...and she was robbed today.  Luckily, they didn't want to hurt her - just wanted her money...but why her...I know it happens everywhere...but why there in front of her home. She would never hurt anyone - she is my inspiration for this blog.  She is also blogging - its a way for us to stay connected amidst our busy lives in our quiet time. Me and the girls pray every night for the angels to watch over her and protect her...they listened to our prayers...she didn't get hurt. It could have been worse.  We love you Kerri!

No spills today - but Foo Young did find the gluestick in the art cart that I purposely left there yesterday for the older two...only to catch Foo putting it on her lips...Whippersnapper loved it...she said "you are gonna glue your lips shut"...wouldn't that be a miracle for just like 20 minutes so I could teach a lesson or two...that being said, we started learning about ancient Egypt...girls colored Eyptian dolls and their clothing while I read about our lesson.  Whippersnapper loves coloring...
And then I found a cool site that you could plug in your name and it showed you what your name looked like in Eygptian hieroglyphs....cool thing about Maguillacutty - her "real" name means bird and the letter "A" in hieroglyphs is a bird...
Maguillacutty and I did a cool thing today for Language Arts - she had to write up an invitation to anything...we decided to invite her Great Aunt Karen to sleep over next week.  With some direction from me regarding the 5 W's - when, where, why, who, what and 1 H - How...she basically told me what to write down and then she typed up an email to Aunt Karen - it was cool.  At one point she started to just tippy tapping all over the keyboard and asked "when will my typing sound like this" - I remember being in Middle School wanting the same thing...ahhhh...the little things!
I did some work on my own personal self today - I did some reading and my key take away from my book was to not let them forget the cool part of homeschooling - don't get so caught up in the curriculum that you forget the fun stuff school has to offer and the flexibility of being home has to offer....with that we headed to Klein Farms, one of our favorites and had lunch, played on the playground, gobbled at the turkeys, pet the goats, oinked at the pig, helped a baby duck get back inside the fence to his momma, and ate some yummy homemade cookies....


I also did some organizing of a planner....I'm finding that I'm wasting a lot of time and giving myself the excuse that I deserve it...I do deserve it...but I'm taking too much time.  I'm taking the education of my children into my hands....I owe it to them to take a little less time for myself and put that towards planning our weeks better.  So, that being said - every Sunday night after they go to bed instead of watching some favorite shows - I need to make copies of things and organize everything by day...so it's all ready and I'm familiarized with what we will be learning.  I'm also going to start meal planning...time to stop wasting food.  I yell at the girls for wasting food and I'm doing the same thing....enough is enough.  I need to be the example....what momma's time tonight looked like....

Girls had another fantastic night at VBS...Gangway to Gallilee is the theme and they are so into the music...I love it and I love them....time to stop being so hard on myself and them....and just stop to pick and smell the flowers....




3 comments:

  1. This is all so good!!!! It makes me feel like I get to see the you and the girls...like a beautiful snapshot of your days! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would be doing it every night...but it is soooo therapeutic...I almost need to do it every night. Love you!! Keep your head up.

      Delete
  2. Your posts are awesome Meghan. Don't you just love the way you naturally reflect when writing? That is why I love to journal. Reflection is such a powerful thing!!! Also, your writing is entertaining! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete