Monday, July 14, 2014

Tough day on the job...

It was a struggle today...I was dealing with 3 extremely tired kids from a long weekend and one very late night. They won't be fully back to "normal" till probably Wed. 
But I could just sense it was going be rough at breakfast...they just couldn't keep their hands to themselves. So I introduced the weeks new bible verse and as I did this...came to find the two older ones had the first verse from last week completely memorized! Yay for all of us! But then I chose to skip our bible story...I find this part doesn't hold their attention very well...so I need to find some hands on activities that tie into the stories...something as simple as coloring pages.
Moved onto history/geography...we did some recapping of last week...the first food, the first clothing, the first houses and then moved into the first means of traveling...we lost Whippersnapper immediately...she was in the reading nook with Foo Young telling me to be quiet!
So, I quickly moved onto handwriting...something they both enjoy...introduced capital B...and then did some math...after 2 lessons in the math workbook, I called it quits. Told everyone to go potty and get shoes on cause we were heading to the rec trail before the rain started. And it was good...we had a great impromtu science lesson on our walk...until the whining started up over the humidity.

Throwing rocks into creek...under bridge that we drive over everyday...

They wanted to know what these beetles were doing....

Maguillacutty asked if the hungry catepillar did this....

These little butterflies or moths were all over the trail...girls enjoyed chasing them...a bicycle ran one over so we got to take it home for our nature box....inside it's wings are a beautiful blue color.

Tough day on some levels...but good overall...tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment